What I was looking for in a life partner were two main things, One was to find someone that would love my oldest son and be a great role model for him. Two, was to have someone that really had family values that would put our immediate family first.
At 29 and being a single mom for over 10 years, I thought marriage may just not be in my future at all. Then I met my husband. We were friends for a few months before we went on our first date. I knew by the second or third date that he was the one, about six months later we were engaged. A year later is where our story began October 9, 20004.
Marriage is about two people growing together and having a family if that is what you choose to do, but it’s important not to loose yourself during the journey, because if you are not happy with yourself, how can you make others happy.
1. No matter what the argument is about, who started it, who ended it, never go to sleep being angry with each other, or sleep in separate beds for the night.
2. Even if you do not have two extra rooms in your home, always let your other half have his man cave and you can have your lady den or some small dedicated desk, corner, or nook, where each of you can retreat and have your own things or knickknacks.
3. Respect each other‘s time, when wanting to do things on your own or with or friends from time to time.
4. Date night can get very challenging when raising children. I tried to put things on the calendar and it wouldn’t work out, so once a quarter I’ll put a reminder date night and then try to fit it in. I feel like we already have so many schedules, appointments and deadlines that we shouldn’t have to be so stressed out if we couldn’t make our date night work out.
5. Find at least two things that you can do as a couple together it can be as simple as watching a show you both enjoy, walk your dog together or take a dance class.
6. Last part and probably for him is the most important thing on this list, which is very simple. Yes, ladies we are tired, we juggle 10 million things from the minute we wake up, but at the end of the day at least once or twice a week you have to keep him satisfied in the bedroom.
7. When you met him, he may have had some annoying quirks that you may still be trying to change. Give it up, use your energy to work on something that makes you both grow together.